- Helps moderate carbohydrate intake
- May lessen appetite by supporting neurotransmitter function
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
CarbCrave Complex is a dietary supplement formulated to help curb excessive carbohydrate intake. CarbCrave Complex is formulated to help moderate appetite by supporting healthy brain chemistry and mood.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
This formula supports healthy neurotransmitter metabolism, affecting the appetite and mood centers of the brain. 5-HTP is a precursor for serotonin, the same neurotransmitter released by the consumption of carbohydrates and associated with enhanced mood. At the same time, DL-phenylalanine supports dopamine and epinephrine production, responsible for the sensation of well-being. Vitamin B6 is integral as a cofactor for neurotransmitter synthesis. Rhodiola and ashwagandha are believed to encourage the activities of these neurotransmitters while strengthening the body’s resistance to stress and fatigue, common triggers for undesirable eating behaviors. Research indicates that Sensoril® ashwagandha promotes relaxation and maintains healthy cortisol response. It is these actions that may be responsible for its supportive effects on glucose and fat metabolism. Both chromium picolinate and Relora® have demonstrated the potential to promote more healthful patterns of carbohydrate and energy intake in adult subjects. In one study involving 49 volunteers prone to eating under stress, Relora® helped reduce stress-related snacking of sweets by 76%. In another trial, chromium picolinate supplementation helped reduce carbohydrate intake and mood fluctuations.
Cravings and appetite are influenced by many factors, only some of which may be affected by the ingredients in this formula.
- Amount Per Serving
- two (size 1) vegetarian capsules contain:
- vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5' phosphate) (activated B6) 3.3 mg
- chromium (as chromium picolinate)200 mcg
- 5-hydroxytryptophan50 mg
- DL-phenylalanine250 mg
- Relora®175 mg
- patented proprietary blend of:
- magnolia (Magnolia officinalis) extract (bark) and phellodendron (Phellodendron amurense) extract (bark)
- Sensoril® ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root and leaf)75 mg
- rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) extract (root)75 mg
- (standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and 1% salidroside)
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), modified food and corn starch, ascorbyl palmitate, silicon dioxide
- Relora® & logo are trademarks of Lonza or its affiliates. Relora® brand Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense.
- Sensoril® is a trademark of Natreon, Inc. and is protected under U.S. Patent 7,318,938.
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.
- 2 capsules, 3 times daily, with or before meals.