CholestePure Plus II 120's
- Supports phytosterol intake and overall cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy cholesterol metabolism
- Improved, soy-free formula
- Made with vegan ingredients
CholestePure Plus II Plus provides a unique blend of phytosterols, berberine and clinically studied bergamot extract to promote healthy lipid metabolism and overall cardiometabolic health.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Phytosterols are structural homologs of cholesterol that occur naturally in many plant foods. Over 30 years of research and 40 clinical trials suggest that phytosterols provide significant support for healthy lipid profiles. Well-established benefits of phytosterols on lipid balance stem primarily from competition with cholesterol for occupancy in micelles, particles that carry cholesterol across the intestinal epithelium into the systemic circulation. Through this mechanism, phytosterols promote excretion of cholesterol in the form of bile acids. Research indicates that the pine-derived phytosterols offered in this formula are comparable to phytosterols from other sources. Bergamot is a citrus fruit containing two newly discovered derivatives of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin. These compounds are naturally conjugated to a moiety known as hydroxymethylglutarate (HMG). In the liver, this unique molecule binds and modulates an enzyme known as HMG CoA reductase, which plays a central role in lipid biosynthesis. These unique compounds also target enzymes, transcription factors and genes involved in lipid metabolism. In a study involving 192 volunteers, bergamot juice maintained healthy cholesterol levels in the normal range over a 30-day period. In a separate study of 80 subjects, 150 mg of flavonoids from Bergavit® 40 bergamot extract supported healthy lipid and glucose profiles over a 6-month period. Berberine supports cardiometabolic health through a variety of mechanisms, including support for glucose and lipid metabolism. Preclinical data suggest that berberine may have antioxidant activity and favorable effects on cytokine production. In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 116 subjects, berberine provided statistically significant support for glucose and lipid metabolism. It also helps maintain endothelial function, potentially by promoting healthy vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression and healthy iNOS activity.
CholestePure Plus II
- Amount Per Serving
- two (size 00) vegetarian capsules contain:
- phytosterols500 mg
- (from PhytoPin® pine (Pinus pinaster) phytosterol complex)
- berberine HCl400 mg
- Bergavit® 40 bergamot (Citrus bergamia) extract (fruit)160 mg
- (standardized to contain 39% flavonoids)
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Bergavit® 40 is a registered trademark of Bionap S.r.l.
- PhytoPin® is a registered trademark DRT and licensed to Pure Encapsulations.
- 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals.