Cognitive Aminos 120's - IMPROVED
- Supports cognitive function and neurotransmitter activity
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Cognitive Aminos is a dietary supplement formulated to provide amino acid precursors for cognitive function and healthy neurotransmitter activity. Cognitive Aminos may also help provide support for healthy mood.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Age-related decreases in levels of several amino acids may influence cognitive function. Amino acids are important intermediates in the production of neurotransmitters in the brain and are involved in neuromodulating activities. l-Tyrosine is an amino acid naturally synthesized in the body. It is the precursor of the neurotransmitters l-dopa, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine, supporting mood and mental clarity. DL-Phenylalanine provides a mixture of two essential amino acids, d-phenylalanine and l-phenylalanine. In the body, l-phenylalanine converts to tyrosine, enhancing neurotransmitter support. A separate pathway allows both d- and l-phenylalanine to support levels of the mood-elevating compound phenylethylamine, a function not provided by l-tyrosine. The serotonin precursor l-tryptophan is included to support emotional well-being, relaxation and restful sleep. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, l-tryptophan supported healthy emotional processing and promoted positive outlook in women. Taurine is considered an inhibitory amino acid, helping to maintain healthy glutamate and other excitatory amino acid activity in the brain. This provides neuroprotective action important for maintaining healthy brain cell function. Acetyl-l-carnitine plays an important role in multiple metabolic pathways in the brain. It also contributes to the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and may support dopamine receptor function. As a result, acetyl-l-carnitine plays a role in memory, attention, mental clarity, and mood support.
- Amount Per Serving
- two (size 00) vegetarian capsules contain:
- DL-phenylalanine (free-form)250 mg
- taurine (free-form)250 mg
- l-tyrosine (free-form)250 mg
- acetyl-l-carnitine (free-form)250 mg
- l-tryptophan (free-form)200 mg
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- AjiPure® is a registered trademark of AJINOMOTO® CO., INC. / TryptoPure® is a registered trademark of AJINOMOTO® CO., INC.
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.
- PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE.
- 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, between meals.