- Spinal disc support formula
- Helps provide strength, flexibility and comfort to spinal discs
- Helps maintain healthy calcium metabolism
Disc-Flex provides intervertebral disc support for enhanced spinal disc health. Disc-Flex promotes healthy composition, strength, flexibility and comfort for your spine.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
This formula addresses the unique nutritional needs of intervertebral cartilage (IVC). IVC is avascular, wears differently, and is affected by different nutritional factors compared to articular cartilage. The basics of healthy disc composition involve glucosamine, chondroitin and collagen. Studies indicate that glucosamine supports spinal disc integrity and has the potential to support the strength of the disc under compressive loads. In postmenopausal women, the healthy composition of the lumbar spine is directly related to collagen content. The advanced nature of this product involves its potential ability to support healthy advanced glycation end product activity, healthy immune mediator activity and healthy calcium metabolism. Advanced glycation end products may reduce the ability of the intervertebral disc to produce proteoglycans, which comprise healthy disc matrix. The age-related increase in advanced glycation end products may also contribute to stiffening of the spine. l-Carnosine, alpha lipoic acid and grape seed extract help to maintain healthy advanced glycation end product metabolism and provide antioxidant protection. Cartilage end plate calcification also affects disc function and longevity. Vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 maintains a healthy balance of calcium uptake into extra-skeletal tissues. Vitamin D is a synergist with vitamin K2 to help maintain healthy cartilage end plate calcium metabolism. Devil’s claw supports day to day spinal comfort
- Amount Per Serving
- two (size 00) vegetarian capsules contain:
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)10 mcg (400 IU)
- vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7)10 mcg
- BioCell Collagen® hydrolyzed collagen complex (chicken sternal cartilage)500 mg
- hydrolyzed collagen 60%300 mg
- glucosamine HCl (from crab and shrimp) 500 mg
- l-carnosine (beta-alanyl-l-histidine)75 mg
- alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid)50 mg
- devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens and Harpagophytum zeyheri) extract (root)150 mg
- (standardized to contain 5% harpagosides)
- Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata) extract (gum resin)100 mg
- (standardized to contain 70% boswellic acids)
- grape (Vitis vinifera) extract (seed)50 mg
- (standardized to contain 92% polyphenols)
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- BioCell Collagen® is a registered trademark of BioCell Technology LLC, Irvine, California USA (Protected by Patents).
- Contains shellfish (crab, shrimp)
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin). If you are taking blood thinning medication, consult your health professional before use.
- 2 capsules daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional. Individual results may vary.