- Support for cognitive and cardiovascular function
- May support physical and emotional well-being during menstrual cycles
Krill-plex is a unique blend of omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids and antioxidants that provides an array of benefits such as menstrual comfort, cardiovascular function, cognitive function, joint and skin health.
Krill oil is unique in that it offers a naturally occurring complex of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, phospholipids and astaxanthin. This phospholipid-fatty acid molecule closely resembles that of human brain phospholipids, providing potential support for cognitive function. The essential fatty acids in krill oil may also mediate hormone, prostaglandin, and neurotransmitter function to support menstruating women. A double-blind, randomized clinical trial suggested that krill oil promoted physical and emotional well being during the menstrual cycles of women volunteers. Krill oil also provides an ideal essential fatty acid balance for healthy cardiovascular and platelet function. A prospective phase II randomized, double-blind, clinical trial suggested that krill oil supports healthy lipid and glucose metabolism. A prospective controlled pilot clinical trial reported that krill oil supplementation helped promote joint flexibility and comfort. In addition, a randomized, controlled pre-clinical trial investigated the effects of krill oil on skin health and reported that it supports the body’s natural response to sun exposure.
- Amount Per Serving
- two (size 13) softgel capsules contain:
- total fat0.5 g
- cholesterol10 mg
- krill oil1,000 mg
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)148 mg
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)66 mg
- other omega-3 fatty acids62 mg
- phospholipids496 mg
- astaxanthin396 mcg
- other ingredients: gelatin capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water, sorbitol, ethyl vanillin)
- The krill oil in Krill-plex is NKO®, which is a registered trademark of Aker BioMarine Antarctic AS.
- Contains shellfish (krill)
- 2 softgel capsules daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.