Lutein 20 mg.
- Antioxidant support for healthy visual function
- Promotes macular pigment integrity and density
- Made with hypoallergenic ingredients
Lutein is formulated to provide optimal support for macular health and antioxidant support for the retina. Lutein may also promote light screening mechanisms for protected vision.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Lutein is a carotenoid found in a vast number of fruits and vegetables. Pure Encapsulations’ free-form Lutein is structurally identical to the lutein found naturally in spinach and other leafy greens. Like other carotenoids, lutein has antioxidant activity in various tissues, but is one of only two that are stored within the retina, where lutein promotes the integrity and density of the macular pigment, a key component of ocular health. Multiple clinical studies suggest a direct relationship between lutein supplementation and macula lutein concentration. Lutein uptake reportedly occurs in the receptor layer of the eye through a soluble carotenoid-binding protein called tubulin. Clinical trials have indicated that lutein specifically supports vision health through a combination of pigment associated antioxidant protection and light screening mechanisms. Furthermore, a two-year, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study reported that lutein may support healthy visual function in older individuals more efficiently than alpha tocopherol.
Lutein 20 mg
- Amount Per Serving
- each (size 6) softgel capsule contains:
- FloraGLO® lutein 20 mg
- other ingredients: gelatin capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water), safflower oil, beeswax, mixed tocopherols
- FloraGLO® is a registered trademark of Kemin Industries, Inc.
- 1 softgel capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.