- Supports macular health
- Promotes light-filtering properties to protect the macula
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Lutein/Zeaxanthin is a unique blend of carotenoids that support the macula and overall visual function. Lutein/Zeaxanthin help promote the integrity and density of the macular pigment through antioxidant properties.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two major carotenoid pigments stored in the macula, the central part of the retina. They are believed to promote the integrity and density of the macular pigment through antioxidant properties. In addition, they help form a protective layer that filters light, maintaining healthy photoreceptor function in the macula. Increased intake of these carotenoids is associated with increased macular concentration. Numerous double-blind, placebo-controlled trials indicate that lutein and zeaxanthin support the health of the optical lens as well as the retina. Additionally, recent research has revealed that the combination may target different areas in the retina to enhance total retinal health, photoreceptor health, and color vision.
- Amount Per Serving
- each (size 0) vegetarian capsule contains:
- FloraGLO® lutein10 mg
- zeaxanthin 2 mg
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), red beet root powder, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- FloraGLO® is a registered trademark of Kemin Industries, Inc.
- Zeaxanthin is sourced from OPTISHARP® brand. OPTISHARP® is a trademark of DSM.
- 1 capsule daily, with a meal.