Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
- Synbiotic probiotic and prebiotic combination
- Offers 6 billion CFU of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, one of the most researched and characterized probiotic strains on the market
- Human origin strain, identified for its resistance to gastric acidity, adhesion properties, and ability to support a healthy gut microflora
- Contains 900 mg Bimuno® B-GOS (B-galacto-oligosaccharide) prebiotic to promote Bifidobacteria in the G.I. tract
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegetarian, shelf-stable ingredients
Synbiotic GG is prebiotic and probiotic combination designed to support and/or enhance the benefits associated with a low-FODMAP diet.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG is a highly researched probiotic strain selected for its ability to support healthy gut microflora, G.I. function, abdominal comfort, and occasional diarrhea. As an immunomodulator, it helps to moderate immune response in some individuals and promote immune function in others. Research indicates that it affects the expression of genes involved in immune cell response, cytokine production, cell growth and differentiation, cell-to-cell signaling interactions, cell adhesion, and more. In one study, supplementation influenced the up- and down-regulation of 334 and 92 genes, respectively. In a randomized, controlled, but unblinded trial involving 123 subjects, half of the subjects were randomized to follow the low-FODMAP diet and half were supplemented with 12 billion CFU L. rhamnosus GG in two divided doses. After six weeks, both groups showed significant support for G.I. symptoms, including abdominal pain, bloating, and occasional diarrhea. Similarly, another study compared supplementing with 2.8 grams of the prebiotic Bimuno® B-GOS to a low-FODMAP diet. After four weeks, both protocols were found to offer support for abdominal comfort, distention and bloating. The prebiotic Bimuno® B-GOS (B-galactooligosaccharide) was developed to selectively target Bifidobacteria, allowing enhanced prebiotic capacity. It has been shown in over 9 clinical trials to target support for Bifidobacteria in the G.I. tract and promote abdominal comfort and stool consistency, cytokine balance, nutrient metabolism, and overall feelings of relaxation. The low-FODMAP diet is a meal plan low in fermentable oligo-, di-, mono-saccharides and polyols. Avoiding these longer-chain carbohydrates is believed to help restore gut microflora balance and support G.I. symptoms. However, this diet is restrictive and can be difficult to follow. Pre-Probiotic GG offers a well-tolerated prebiotic and probiotic blend designed to support and/or enhance the benefits of a low-FODMAP diet.
- Amount Per Serving
- two vegetarian capsules contain:
- Bimuno® B-galactooligosaccharide (B-GOS) 900 mg
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG 500 mg
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- Bimuno® and B-GOS® are registered trademarks of Clasado IP Limited and are protected by patents 7,883,874, 8,058,047 and 8,030,049.
- Contains milk
- 2 capsules, 1-3 times daily, with or between meals.