Pantothenic Acid 120's
- Promotes cellular energy production
- Supports cardiovascular and adrenal health
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Pantothenic acid supports cellular energy production by promoting proper metabolism of carbohydrates and fatty acids. Pantothenic helps the synthesis of vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids and steroid hormones.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Pantothenic acid is a precursor of coenzyme A (CoA), an important cofactor and acyl group carrier in cells. One of the main functions for CoA is the formation of acetyl-CoA, vital for cellular respiration and the metabolism of carbohydrates and fatty acids through the Krebs cycle. Distribution studies indicate that tissues with the highest retention of pantothenic acid are the kidneys, pituitary gland, heart, muscle, liver and adrenal glands. Additionally, pantothenic acid is required for the synthesis of fatty acids and membrane phospholipids, the amino acids leucine, arginine and methionine, and isoprenoid derivatives, including steroid hormones, vitamin A and vitamin D.
- Amount Per Serving
- each (size 00) vegetarian capsule contains:
- pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) (B5)500 mg
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), ascorbyl palmitate
- 1 capsule daily, with a meal.