- Blend of researched prebiotics and polyphenols with prebiotic effects
- Targets Bifidobacteria and Akkermansia muciniphila to support GI barrier function
- Pleasant-tasting fruit flavor
- Shelf-stable with low reported GI effects
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Poly-Prebiotic powder is a powdered blend of prebiotic fibers and polyphenols to promote microbiome health for cellular, immune, and G.I. function
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Prebiotics are nondigestible components of food that act to modulate and support the gut microbiota. Emerging evidence suggests that they may play an even more significant role than probiotics, performing beneficial metabolic, trophic, and protective functions within the gut, leading to overall cellular, immune and metabolic support. High-microbiome diversity has been linked to optimal health and resilience. PreticX™ XOS (xylooligosaccharide) and BioEcolians® α-GOS (alpha-glucooligosaccharide) both promote short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) production in the colon and Bifidobacteria in the G.I. tract. In one study, 1.4 grams or 2.8 grams of PreticX™ XOS increased Bifidobacterium count 21% and 17% at four and eight weeks, respectively. In an in vitro study using clinical isolates from hospital patients, XOS was found to stimulate growth in all 35 Bifidobacterium strains tested. In another study, supplementation with 2 grams of α-GOS supported abdominal comfort by Day 7 and offered increased support throughout the 28-day period, including bowel motility and stool consistency. A significant increase in B. longum, B. animalis and lactobacilli was also reported. In addition, BioEcolians® supplementation increased secretion in the mucosa of the antimicrobial peptides β-defensins. These molecules moderate the adhesion of bacteria to the intestinal wall and support healthy cytokine balance in the intestine. The health benefits of polyphenols may be due to their effects on the microflora. These compounds are generally not absorbed, but pass through the G.I. tract, where they are biotransformed to enhance bioavailability and support healthy gut microbial composition. In an animal study involving mice, supplementation with cranberry polyphenols promoted healthy fat metabolism in the liver, insulin sensitivity, and cytokine balance. It was also shown to markedly increase Akkermansia muciniphila. Animal models indicate a role for Akkermansia on gut barrier function, including increased mucus layer thickness and production of occludin, an essential component of tight junctions. Polyphenols from blueberry and pomegranate support the growth of lactobacilli and bifidobacterium in the colon, as well as cytokine balance in the G.I. tract. In contrast to many common prebiotics, XOS, α-GOS and polyphenols report very low incidence of gas, bloating or other intestinal side effects.
- Amount Per Serving
- One scoop contains:
- total carbohydrate3 g
- total sugars2 g
- PreticX™ xylooligosaccharide (XOS)1.4 g
- BioEcolians® α-glucooligosaccharide (α-GOS)1 g
- cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) extract (fruit)1.2 g
- (standardized to contain 12 mg proanthocyanidins [PACs])
- blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) extract (fruit)100 mg
- (standardized to contain 4% polyphenols)
- pomegranate (Punica granatum) juice powder (fruit)500 mg
- other ingredients: citric acid, malic acid, stevia leaf extract
- Xylooligosaccharide. PreticX™ is covered by registered and pending patents. PreticX™ is a trademark of AIDP, Inc. PreticX™ is distributed exclusively by AIDP, Inc.
- BioEcolians® is a registered trademark of Solabia.
- serving size: 1 scoop (approximately 4.6 g)
servings per container: Approximately 30
- 1 serving, 1-2 times daily, mixed with a beverage or into food.