- Supports immune and gastrointestinal health
- Helps maintain healthy G.I. barrier function
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Probiotic-5 offers 10 billion colony forming units (CFU) of beneficial bacteria to promote G.I. tract health and comfort as well as immune cell function and overall health. Probiotic-5 helps maintain intestinal flora, support healthy yeast balance and promote G.I. comfort.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
This dairy and soy-free formula provides 10 billion CFU of the beneficial bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium lactis. L. acidophilus and B. longum have been shown to promote healthy cytokine production in the colon and maintain healthy G.I. barrier function, in part by supporting the mucosal lining of the G.I. tract. Several trials have also revealed that mixed probiotic supplementation helps maintain intestinal flora, support healthy yeast balance, and promote G.I. comfort. A study involving elderly individuals indicated that a mixture of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria maintained healthy gut ecology. Studies also suggest that probiotics support immune health, enhancing B cell, T cell and NK cell function.
- Amount Per Serving
- each (size 0) vegetarian capsule contains:
- probiotic blend10 billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32)
- Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06)
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- This formula requires refrigeration to maintain culture viability.
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.