PureLean® Fiber 343 g- IMPROVED
- Supports healthy fiber intake for optimal digestive health
- Promotes weight management†
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
- Convenient powder formula for easy dispensing
PureLean® Fiber is a blend of insoluble and soluble fibers to support digestive health, nutrient absorption and regularity. PureLean® Fiber also promotes healthy glycemic response and overall weight management when combined with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
The gut microflora is now recognized as an important factor in overall health, with potential roles ranging from cellular and immune health to metabolic function and weight management. Studies indicate that obese individuals possess lower levels of Bacteroidetes microorganisms and higher levels of Firmicutes bacteria in the GI tract compared to lean individuals. In one study, germ-free mice inoculated with bacteria from obese mice showed increased Firmicutes bacteria and an increase in body fat over two weeks despite no change in dietary intake, compared to mice inoculated with bacteria from lean mice. In a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, 32 healthy adult subjects were given 1.4 grams or 2.8 grams of PreticX™ XOS for eight weeks. The Bifidobacterium count increased 21% from the baseline at four weeks and 17% from the baseline at eight weeks in the highest dose group. B. fragilis levels (a Bacteroidetes organism) were also found to increase. Similar results were found in another study involving healthy young women, which also showed PreticX™ supplementation resulted in an increase in fecal triglyceride and cholesterol concentrations. In contrast to many common prebiotics, these studies reported no gas, bloating or other intestinal side effects. Each serving of PureLean® Fiber provides 0.7 grams PreticX™ XOS and a minimum of 6 grams fiber, typically providing 3.5 grams soluble fiber from glucomannan, guar gum, apple pectin and prune fiber, and 3 grams insoluble fiber from flax seed and cellulose. Soluble fiber helps slow the rate of digestion, promoting satiety, digestive health, nutrient absorption and healthy glycemic control. It enhances satiety by absorbing water and adding bulk in the digestive tract. Research has revealed that the high molecular weight and viscosity of glucomannan is particularly supportive. Each serving of PureLean® Fiber contains 1 gram of glucomannan. Several randomized controlled trials indicate that glucomannan supports healthy weight management† and lipid metabolism, and supports healthy glycemic control.
†Provides weight management support as part of a healthy lifestyle with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise.
- Amount Per Serving
- two scoops (approximately 14.4 g) contain:
- total carbohydrate8 g
- dietary fiber6 g
- sugar alcohols2 g
- protein1 g
- magnesium (as magnesium citrate)100 mg
- sodium (naturally occurring)30 mg
- PreticX™ xylooligosaacharides700 mg
- proprietary fiber blend10 g
- CreaFibe cellulose, Sunfiber® partially hydrolyzed guar gum, flax seed fiber, 1,000 mg glucomannan, prune fruit powder, apple pectin
- other ingredients: xylitol, luo han guo (Momordica grosvenori) extract (fruit)
- Sunfiber® is a registered trademark of Taiyo International, Inc. Use of Sunfiber® is protected by US trademark registration No. 2,930,937.
- PreticX™ is a trademark of AIDP, Inc. PreticX™ is a patent protected Xylooligosaccharide exclusively distributed by AIDP, Inc.
- serving size: 2 scoops (approximately 14.4 g)
servings per container: approximately 24
- 1 serving, 1-3 times daily, mixed with a beverage. Adequate water intake is recommended.