Tri-Alkali 351 g
- Maintains healthy acid-alkaline balance
- Promotes bone health
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegetarian ingredients
- Convenient powder formula for easy dispensing
Tri-Alkali supports healthy acid-alkaline balance in the body to promote optimal calcium absorption and healthy bones. Tri-Alkali also helps support healthy kidney oxalate and uric acid metabolism.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
Acid-alkaline balance is important for maintaining a wide range of physiological functions. Diets high in animal and grain proteins contribute to the body’s acid load. As recent research highlights, an alkaline environment may be especially important for healthy bones as well as healthy calcium, oxalate and uric acid metabolism. In one randomized, double-blind trial with postmenopausal women, an increase in alkali status via potassium citrate supported healthy bone composition of the neck, vertebrae and hip. Supplementation provided sustained systemic alkalization. Potassium citrate and calcium citrate supported enhanced alkali status better than either compound alone, as demonstrated in a crossover study involving postmenopausal women. This had an impact on bone resorption markers and enhanced absorbed calcium, supporting bone health. Other trials have found a positive effect of alkaline support on bone histology, bone cell function and bone mineralization. In another trial, co-administration of potassium citrate and calcium citrate maintained healthy oxalate and uric acid metabolism in postmenopausal women.
- Amount Per Serving
- each scoop (approximately 3.9 g) contains:
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)10 mcg (400 IU)
- calcium (as calcium citrate)250 mg
- magnesium (as magnesium citrate)150 mg
- potassium (as potassium citrate)400 mg
- glycine (free-form)200 mg
- other ingredients: stevia leaf extract
- Not to be taken if you have hyperkalemia or abnormal kidney function, or take ACE inhibitors or potassium sparing diuretics.
- serving size: 3.9 g (1 scoop)
servings per container: 90
- 1 scoop twice daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.