Vitamin A + Carotenoids 90's
- Supports cellular, ocular and immune health
- Promotes optical lens health
Vitamin A Carotenoids is designed to support healthy vision and the body's immune system. Vitamin A Carotenoids also promotes retinal and macular health.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org
While many individuals are able to convert provitamin A carotenoids, like beta carotene, into active vitamin A, recent research has revealed that genetic variations can limit the ease of this conversion for some. Genetic variations in the enzyme BCMO1 (β-Carotene 15,15’-monooxygenase 1) can decrease the conversion efficacy of carotenoids into retinal by up to 69%. Known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), these common variations can be bypassed with dietary retinol (vitamin A). Since variations in the BCMO1 gene have also been associated with macular pigment density, this formula includes a blend of lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin to promote macular health. Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two carotenoids found in macular pigment; as such, they act to support the integrity and density of the pigment, as well as optical lens health. Astaxanthin offers support for antioxidant defenses to protect retinal health.
Vitamin A + Carotenoids
- Amount Per Serving
- each (size 3) vegetarian capsule contains:
- vitamin A (as vitamin A acetate)1,500 mcg
- FloraGLO® lutein3 mg
- zeaxanthin500 mcg
- AstaReal® Astaxanthin500 mcg
- (from Haematococcus pluvialis algae extract)
- other ingredients: red beet root powder, hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- FloraGLO® is a registered trademark of Kemin Industries, Inc.
- Zeaxanthin is sourced from OPTISHARP® brand. OPTISHARP® is a trademark of DSM.
- AstaReal® is a registered trademark of Fuji Chemical Industries Co., Ltd.
- Vitamin A at levels above 3,000 mcg (10,000 IU) can lead to serious adverse side effects, including birth defects.
- 1 capsule daily, with a meal.